torstai 9. helmikuuta 2017

Recent events

Hey!

This time I will be lazy and write only in English to save time (have to write about Tokyo before holiday starts properly)... In this post I will write about the events after Tokyo until today.

After 9th of January didn't happen much until Friday the 13th when we celebrated two of my roommates at the same time (birthdays were on 13th and 14th) with large group of friends. First we were once again in our dorm's lounge, but after ten o'clock we went to Round1 for the whole night, it was so much fun! Played billiard, darts, ping pong, video games and mini bowling. I also roller skated and tried riding an electronic bull which was fun but scary. There was also karaoke going on, but I didn't sing. We left at the closing time that was 6am.

Pictures from the campus

The next day my friend came back to Sapporo and during 10 days we explored the city a bit more. We visited this one good food place (I will get the name some day!) I had been once before with my two friends. After eating we went to TV Tower, last time I was there during my first week in Sapporo. :D Too bad I didn't have my camera and my phone's camera was not working properly so there are no photos except one bad one...
From TV Tower we walked to Susukino and rode the ferris wheel (finally)! No photos of it either...


I had school normally during the week, so we did things after I had finished my day. On Monday 16th we went to this same Round1 we had been in the weekend. Same games were played this time too.
On Tuesday and Wednesday we didn't do much because I had group works to work on. Tuesday: lunch in Jikan, Wednesday: dinner in some pasta-pizza place.


But on Friday there finally happened something. In the morning we went to ice skate and Clock Tower before my school, and after it we took a bus to Jozankei where we stayed over at Jozankei View Hotel. We had a Japanese styled room with dinner and breakfast included. Soon after arriving to the hotel we had the dinner which was a huuuuge buffet and so good! With full stomach became sleepy of course, but had to go to onsen (hot spring) before bed. Onsen was very nice and relaxing, the hotel had outside bath (露天風呂 = rotenburo) as well. Had to go back to room for a break before passing out. Then we went to the top floor's view onsen, could have seen the mountains outside but because it was midnight already, couldn't see much, lol. But it was nice anyway. I slept on a futon for the first time and it wasn't too bad. :D
I missed the rooftop onsen in the evening, but I woke up 6:30am to go there. It was in the same place as the view onsen, so now I could see the mountains outside while taking the bath. The roof top onsen was cool but way too hot for my taste, and snowing made it even worse, so I didn't stay there for long. After bath it was time for buffet breakfast, once again everything was so delicious!
Then it was time to leave the hotel and go to Sapporo Kokusai Ski Area. The bus was 40 minutes late and it was freezing outside... But eventually we made it there and then had to line like one hour for ski gear because of all the foreigners. Slopes were nice luckily, it was great to ski again. :'3 Afternoon the bus left back to Sapporo.

Clock Tower
Managed to see futon making!
View from the room

On Sunday 22nd I was finally able to see Morning Musume (モーニング娘。) live after so many years! The concert was amazing and I couldn't help but cry during the first songs, I was so happy! <3 The concert hall, Nitori Bunka Hall was very nice venue for the concert.
After the concert I met my friend again and we had tonkatsu for dinner. We also went to JR Tower Observatory (finally!) to see the night view of Sapporo again. No photos (stupid phone), but I will go there in April again so then I will take my proper camera.

The next day we went to Round1 again to play billiard and darts and sing karaoke for hours. Before Round1 we ate in cocoro scones café near my dorm. On Tuesday evening my friend left back to Finland. We ate in Jikan before heading to airport.


Time after that has been mostly studying, had last exams and essays that took all my time almost. I finally saw some of my friends on 28th by dinner and games  at our Chinese friend's place.
Week after that we had a farewell party for our two friends; one leaving back to Kobe and one leaving the country soon. We went skiing, this time to Rusutsu. So far this is my favourite ski resort here in Hokkaido. Had to wake up early for bus again, which was free luckily. :)
We skied the whole day, lunch between of course, and the views were amazing. The slopes were good and weather not the worst, cloudy and bit snowy but we got glimpse of sun as well.
The bus was supposed to leave back at 5pm, but we waited 45 minutes for one lost girl. Back in Sapporo me and my roommate went to onsen (as we had no time in Rusutsu) before heading to Sumibi izakaya where were like 30 people drinking and chatting, even one of our teachers came there, lol. All in all the day was very nice, it was sad to say goodbyes though.

Had to take picture of the name of the mountain,
because my cousin's family name is Isola :-P

This week I have been planning my spring break plans; where to travel and what to do, it's surprisingly stressing, should have started way earlier... We also visited the snow festival (post about it coming some day).
Last night we had midnight crepes made by our roommate and today we had pancakes at Sapporo Pancake & Parfait Last Mint with some friends. I had a smoked salmon one, so delicious!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti