torstai 23. helmikuuta 2017

Tokyo (22.12.2016 - 9.1.2017) #1

Hello!

Once again I will write straight to English to save time and effort (lazy me). Because there are so many pictures, I will post the trip in parts. This first part will include the days in:

Harajuku, Omotesando, Shibuya, Marunouchi,
Niigata, Shinjuku, Kichijoji

Thursday 22nd:
The flight to Tokyo took off in the morning. At the airport I saw one of the tutor students living in Hokkaido, sad we didn't have time to chat. We stayed at my friend's place. I unpacked some of my stuff and we ate before heading out in the evening. We visited Harajuku and Omotesando before heading back.

Takeshita Street
Found another "maybe cute"!
Omotesandou Christmas illumination

Friday 23rd:
Again we started with Harajuku, this time there were much more people, it was almost difficult to walk... I also saw much more Westerners. I bought a few things and we ate in a nice hamburger place before going to Shibuya. There I got to cross the world's biggest zebra crossing, the amount of people was just unbelievable. In that crossing I saw the same tutor student I saw at the airport earlier, what an incredible coincidence! :D
I saw the statue of Hachiko, a cat was sleeping under it. Then I spent 4 hours shopping in the Shibuya 109 building, the clothes were so cute. When we finally got out of the building, we went to see some Christmas illumination in Marunouchi. I still thought Sapporo's was much prettier though.


Saturday 24th (Finnish Christmas Eve):
The concert day in Niigata. I met my friend who came from Germany in Tokyo station and we went to Niigata by shinkansen, the bullet train. The journey took about two hours.
The concert was cool (sad that photos were not allowed this time), it was my first big venue's concert. I believe me and my friend were the only two blond Westerners among all the Japanese fans, felt so alien in there, haha.
Then we went back to Tokyo and said goodbyes. We will see in the next GENERATIONS concert again, maybe next year already. (;
At my friend's place we ate the Japanese Christmas cake aka cream cake and I skyped with my family, they were having the Christmas dinner. It was weird not to be with them for the first time ever.


Sunday 25th:
Christmas Day, although it wasn't Christmas to me anymore. We left my friend's place late today, we started from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, 45th floor in 202m and for free! :D The views were amazing~! Next we went to Shinjuku and also did a tour around Kabuki-cho, there were so many host places but it was too early to see them, haha.
Dinner was eaten in some French restaurant in Kichijoji, no good pictures from there, sorry! The food was super delicious although it came in small portions, wine was very good as well. We ate for hours so we missed the Christmas illumination in Roppongi... Oh well, in the future maybe.
We finished the day in karaoke and went back home late in the night/morning.

Mount Fuji!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti