torstai 2. maaliskuuta 2017

Sendai 21.-27.2.2017

Hi again!

So my first trip during spring break was to Sendai. I have a few friends there and I wanted to see them before next semester. I also visited Yamagata and Iwate prefectures during this trip. Warning: heavy picture post!

Tuesday 21st:
My flight was in the morning and delayed almost an hour. We were supposed to go to Matsushima with my friend after my arrival, but we didn't have enough time thanks to the delay, so we just hung out near Sendai station and had dinner in Ootoya. We also went to see Aoba castle's ruins, it was snowing though and couldn't see the city at all from there...
Then it was time for me to go to my accomodation, air bnb (I tried for the first time and I liked it!). It was bit far away but luckily I found it well. I checked in and soon my host organized a tea ceremony for me, it was a great experience! :D Then I planned my trip in my room before going to bed.


Wednesday 22nd:
I woke up at 7am so I caught early train to Yamadera Temple (山寺) in Yamagata prefecture. The weather was nice when I climbed hundreds of stairs up to the temple in a mountain, that's why the name Yamadera (山 yama = mountain, 寺 tera = temple). The mountain views from Godaido Hall were beautiful, reminded of Hokkaido.
Then I went down the stairs (damn slippery due to snow) to Yamadera station and moved on to Yamagata station, from where I took a bus to Mount Zao Onsen Resort. I went up to Mount Zao by the ropeway, once again the views were so great! It was very windy and cold up there, couldn't stay for long. I had a cheesecake and coffee before going back down, saw the famous "Snow Monsters" too. While waiting for the bus back I went to hot springs, outside bath (露天風呂).
I got back to air bnb around midnight, I was exhausted but I was very happy about the trip as I went there alone and didn't get lost and I got to use my Japanese properly. (:

Climbed up there~
Mount Zao
Can see the "Snow Monsters" aka trees covered in snow

Thursday 23rd:
This time alarm was set at 8am. Again it was time to do a trip by myself. Today it was Hiraizumi World Heritage Site (平泉) in Iwate prefecture. First I took a bus, then a train. It was a rainy day but it didn't bother too much. First I went to Motsu-ji temple and walked around. It would have been prettier if it was summer but I enjoyed anyway. After Motsu-ji I went to Heritage Center to learn about the history and ate before going to Chuuson-ji temple. Spent a good while there before heading back to air bnb. Travelling took ages again, but this time I was earlier back than last night.

First Motsu-ji temple
Also visited some random shrine
Going to Chuuson-ji temple
Konjikidou Sanctuary, wasn't allowed to take photos there..

Friday 24th:
Today I woke up in my own time and stayed in air bnb until afternoon. I made soba noodles with the host and we talked a lot in Japanese, it was nice. :) I planned my travelling until I went to Sendai station to meet my tutor student who I saw in December and during Snow Festival. We had a nice dinner and talked a lot, I enjoyed the evening. As dessert we went to Lindt's shop to take chocolate drinks, delicious. After that she had to go back home, we would see the next two days as well luckily.


Saturday 25th:
I started the day by shower and sauna!! I was so happy to go to sauna, I miss it so much! And this air bnb had a proper Finnish-like sauna, so lovely! <3 Then I ate a nice breakfast and watched some of my favourite series until it was time to go to Aoba castle's ruins. This time the weather was sunny and I could see Sendai city from up there. We met with my tutor student there and walked down to look for a place to eat. After a long but nice walk we found a nice place and ate and talked more. Again she had to leave earlier to prepare for her graduation presentation, I'm still happy how she could sacrifice her time for me too, I appreciate it.


Sunday 26th:
I met three tutor students in Sendai station and we had lunch together in a sushi restaurant. After lunch one of them had to leave but with the two girls we went to Sendai aquarium Umi no Mori. It was pretty nice, it was bigger than I thought. We spent hours there and saw many kind of fish (both Tohoku region's fish and around the world) and some sea animals like dolphins, sea lions, seals and penguins. I liked the aquarium. After that the girls had to go so I went back to air bnb as well and did the packing.


Monday 27th:
I checked out from air bnb at 10 and went to Sendai station. Today me and my friend could finally go to Matsushima (松島). The weather was great and sunny, almost felt like summer. We ate some delicious sushi first before going to the port and Godaido shrine to look the beautiful views. At 2pm we went for a 50-minute cruise to see some of the islands closer. After the cruise we went to Fukuura Island and walked around it, it was so nice! It took one hour and then it was time to go back to Sendai station where my luggage was waiting. After goodbyes with my friend I went to the airport, flight was delayed a bit again but it was okay. I got back home safely and unpacked  my things and went to bed.

Our cruise ship
Fukuurajima


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti